Friday, January 31, 2014

23 Mobile Things: 2. Mobile Device Tips

First came Thing 1...now on to Thing 2. 


Thing 2 of the 23 Mobile Things is Mobile Device Tips. I'm a nerd when it comes to this kinda stuff, so I was all for it. As you can see from the link, Thing 2 offered up a couple of videos that shared new features and tips from iOS 7. I work in an iPad district and own an iPhone so...bring it on.

If there was one feature in the videos I was most into, it would be the least functional one. Siri received a few upgrades in the newest operating system, and I guess that caught my attention. Why? Because I've always used Siri like 99.9% of iPhone users use Siri:

To ask her random questions and see how she responds.

The focus on improving Siri is fascinating to me. Is she any more beneficial than she was in iOS 6? Maybe just a hair. But it's less about her current functionality and more about her potential that catches my eye. I'm fascinated by voice recognition, simulated intelligence, and all the potential outlets developing this kind of technology will impact. In the mean time I will still try to stump Siri, back her into odd corners to see what she'll say, and get frustrated when she gives me a generic evasive answer. 

But someday, I believe in a trememdous amount of potential in this type of interaction. I'm curious to see where it goes.

But for now...



Ugh. Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I moderate comments for appropriateness and relevance, and do my best to approve in a timely manner. Expect to see your post soon.

Popular Posts