Monday, October 20, 2014

23 Mobile Things: 22. Discovering Apps

When I was 22 years old, I discovered what it meant to finally have a big person job. I discovered it was cooler to be in college. I suppose 22 and discovery are inextricably connected forever.

So yeah, Thing 22 is all about discovering apps. This thing suggests I use one of their fancy search methods to discover new apps, and so I shall.

Internal dialogue: "Let's see, Elizeduction, what shall we search for today?"
Responding internal dialogue which is also named Elizeducation: "Hmmm...I don't know, what do you think?"
Internal dialogue: "How about apple orchards? You plan to go to the orchard tomorrow!"
Responding internal dialogue which is also named Elizeducation: "My god, you're a genius!"
Internal dialogue: "You too, Elizeducation. You too."

So, I used Quixey, an app search engine, to see what I could find out about Minnesota apple orchards. It didn't go well. My internal dialogue reminded me that something so specific is probably stupid to search for. Please note, I didn't intend for this to be a teachable moment or anything. I was honestly just being stupid.

Alright, alright...new topic: Discovering new music!

So after a quick search, I found a bunch of apps I already have (Shazam, SoundCloud, Soundwave), but also one I didn't -- Discovr.

So I tried it. It's rad. I found good musics. Recommended. Buy it.

That's all.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I moderate comments for appropriateness and relevance, and do my best to approve in a timely manner. Expect to see your post soon.

Popular Posts