Wednesday, February 12, 2014

23 Mobile Things: 5. Notetaking

According to Numerology.com, the most official website of all the websites, the number 5 is the 'most dynamic and energetic of all the single digit numbers.' Fittingly, it correlates with the dynamic and energetic exercise that is....

...wait for it...

...NOTETAKING! YEAH!

Alright, so maybe notetaking is the most glamourous thing in the world, but it sure does come in handy on any mobile device. My MacBook, iPad, and iPhone have all been outfitted with the most essential ways I've identified to record my notes, which makes forgetting everything I need to do significantly less likely.

Most of the time.

Anyhow, Thing 5 provided several suggestions for notetaking apps to make life simpler and more, uh, recorded.

I chose to check out the one that seemed the most appealing based off of the description, which happened to be Bamboo Paper. While the utility of the app is nothing special, I found the aesthetics and format to be rather appealing. Each notebook looks like a digital version of a Moleskine®, which I liked. Notebooks can be protected by passcodes, allow adjustment of cover colors, and paper type options include blank white, lined, graph, and checklists (among others).

Within the pages of the notebook, images can be embedded, students can draw with their finger or stylus, and an eraser will take care of mistakes. Notebooks can be shared through a variety of mediums (Evernote, Dropbox, Facebook, Email, etc.). The major annoyance in the app is the excessive amount of in-app purchases you come across by clicking around the features. My favorite pros are the aesthetics and ease with which a user can manipulate the content on the page.

All and all, a pretty decent app. I don't see it replacing any of my current systems, but I can see it coming in handy for things like graph paper or subject-separated notebooks in a classroom.

Any favorite notetaking apps you'd like to share? How about a little numerology reading while you're here? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I moderate comments for appropriateness and relevance, and do my best to approve in a timely manner. Expect to see your post soon.

Popular Posts