Thursday, February 20, 2014

23 Mobile Things: 9. Taking & Editing Photos

Getting dressed "to the 9's" is an idiom for being all fancy like. These guys know what's up:


In honor of all this fanciness, let's go on to Thing 9 of 23 Mobile Things, which I have no doubt will be equally dapper.

Today we explore taking and editing photos on our mobile devices. Yay! This is something I (and I presume many) use their mobile devices for all the time. Remember the days of carrying around a digital camera? I've got like 3 in a drawer somewhere right about now.

So yeah...taking photos with my iPhone is wonderful. The quality is good (enough), the convenience is fabulous, and there are a world of apps to make my mediocre photography skills appear far better than they actually are.

Let's start with my most used: I'm an Instagram-er -- have been for years. Something about those filters can take ugly to significantly less ugly. It's also perfect for catching my jerk cat red handed (pawed?):


I'm also a big fan of VSCO Cam, which is geared toward those who appreciate a streamlined/minimalist/zen aesthetic -- inspired by the Nordic influences that are everywhere in clothes and furnishing these days. Just look! (pun intended):


Lastly, Cycloramic is definitely my go-to panoramic app. It's pretty much fool proof. I was lucky enough to download it when it was free, but it looks like it's up to $1.99 these days. Might still be worth it. Check out the quick shot I just did of our school's locker bay:


What does Thing 9 have to say? They actually shared several photography apps I've never used before: LINE Camera, Photo Editor by Aviary, Color Splurge, and CamMe. I took a peek -- Color Splurge and Photo Editor might have some potential for my use. My first attempt at Color Splurge is below...it was fun (though you'll have to excuse my ridiculous subject matter):


So there you have it. Camera fun for everyone. Hit me with your best (snap) shot or camera apps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I moderate comments for appropriateness and relevance, and do my best to approve in a timely manner. Expect to see your post soon.

Popular Posts