Wednesday, February 19, 2014

23 Mobile Things: 8. Social Media Management Tools

Dear Magic 8 Ball,
Will Thing 8 bring me great joy?


Well, far be it from me to deny the power that is The Magic 8 Ball, so I guess we're in for a good one.

As the title indicates, Thing 8 of 23 Mobile Things is all about Social Media Management Tools. In other words, how can I manage my PinTwitterFacePlusInstaTubeFlickTumbLinked page?

Truthfully, I don't use many social media management tools. I guess I'm old school in that way -- when I want to check up on Facebook, I go to facebook.com. Or if I'm feeling really old school, I might even go to thefacebook.com (apologies...reference is strongly preferential to my fellow late 20-somethings).

Really, the only social media management tools I use are for Twitter...and that's mainly because following hashtags and chats on the site or app itself is a pain. On my MacBook, I use the TweetDeck App to be able to participate in chats and follow hashtags. On my iPad, I use the TweetCaster App. Both are dandy for my purposes.

So knowing I haven't tried many social media management tools, I decided to give a few of Thing 8's suggestions a shot. Here are my thoughts:

1) Cloze App:

Ok, seriously...I just wrote that and then immediately decided to opt out as I was about to download and test out the app.

Do I see the potential value in tools like this? Yeah, totally. But truthfully, my current systems for managing social media work just fine. More importantly, I try to severely limit the number of third party apps and programs I give access to my social media accounts unless I truly, truly need them.

For that reason, I'm going to leave it at that.

How....ummmm...anticlimactic.

Dear Magic 8 Ball,
Fail.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I moderate comments for appropriateness and relevance, and do my best to approve in a timely manner. Expect to see your post soon.

Popular Posts